Thursday, February 12, 2009

Telstra have redeemed themselves...

It's only fair that after such a tirade on their service, I at least offer some good feedback when they actually do something good.  I wont harp on the fact that it took me four phone calls to numerous departments and five emails as I think I gave enough criticism of that in my original post.  

My issues have finally been resolved... and by someone who actually took the time to listen and assist me with my cause and (fingers crossed) actually actioned what they said...

After no resolution speaking to Telstra customer service on numerous occasions, I lodged my complaint with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).  Within a few days I received an email back from the TIO with a contact number for the Telstra Customer Referral Centre who deal with high level complaints.  So I made the call and spoke to a girl called Emily.  

Emily was absolutely outstanding, she listened to everything I had to say, entered it in the system, spoke to the people responsible from both Telstra and Bigpond and had everyone of my remaining concerns resolved within 10-15 minutes... Unbelievable... At no stage was she difficult, she agreed with everything I put forward and actioned it immediately...

While I thanked her for being so prompt, I did say I would reserve judgement until I saw my next bill as the last time I spoke to someone at Telstra they said the same thing and nothing happened... She assured me she was looking at a screen where it had already been applied and then read out my outstanding balances which were exactly inline with my thinking...

I've got to say, that one experience gave me awhole new outlook on Telstra HOWEVER, I will not get too carried away as I did have to speak to the high level customer relations department for that type of service... Clearly they employ the good people in this division and leave all the drongos and morons in the standard customer service area to deal with day to day issues... Once I was finished I was transfered to the standard help desk to try and work out a problem with the online billing registration... Talk about going from chocolates to boiled lollies... I was forced to deal with a complete buffoon... He was a moron! He was useless, he didn't listen to anything I said and soured what was almost a perfect interaction with Telstra... He also highlighted the calibre of service I had just dealt with with Emily...

Anyway, problem solved... I will not be posting here anymore so have a nice day! (unless they stuff up again...) What am I saying... I'll probably be back on here within 4-6 weeks...

see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment